This notice explains how we collect and use your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of art. 18 of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
According to the Act “personal information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
Cookies means a small text file created by a website that is stored in the user’s computer either temporarily for that session only or permanently on the hard disk (persistent cookie). Cookies provide a way for the website to recognize you and keep track of your preferences;
Data means information in electronic form;
Data subject means the person to whom personal information relates;
IP address means a unique address that identifies a device on the Internet or a local network;
Personal information means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to-
- information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- the biometric information of the person;
- the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the
POPIA means the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013;
Dass Capital, (we, us, our, Dass Capital)
Traffic data means any data processed for the purpose of the conveyance of a communication on an electronic communications network in respect of that communication and includes data relating to the routing, duration or time of a communication;
User means a person who uses a computer or other device to access this website; and
Web browser means an application used to access and view this website. Well know web browsers include Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Safari.
INFORMATION BEING COLLECTED
We gather various types of information, including information that identifies or may identify you as an individual (“Personal Information”) as explained in more details below.
We may collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details, such as your name, last name, mobile number, e-mail information and/or type of business.
Websites may also collect certain information related to your device, such as your device’s IP address, referring website, what pages your device visited, and the time that your device visited our website.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION
We only process your personal information for the purposes explained to you in this Privacy Notice or agreed when we collected your personal information, in accordance with applicable laws.
We will use your personal information to:
- Email you with personalized offers and/or newsletters
- Provide you with our service
- Customize your experience on our website
- Improve our website’s usability
All personal information collected is only with your consent and you can opt-out at any time.
You may visit the website without providing any personal information. The website servers will in such instances collect the IP address used by the data subject to access the website, but not the e-mail address or any other personal identifiable information. The information on IP addresses is aggregated to measure the number of visits, the average time spent at the website, pages viewed, etc. Dass Capital analyses non-identifiable traffic data to improve our services, via third party analytics tools, namely Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
Dass Capital may collect, hold, and use statistical information about website visits to help us improve the website. Such information includes:
- Your IP address;
- The search terms you used;
- The pages accessed on Dass Capital’s website and the links visitors clicked on
- The date and time you visited the website
- The referring website (if any) through which you clicked through to Dass Capital’s website; and
- The type of web browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla or Firefox).
The traffic data is aggregated and is not personally identifiable. Our website analysis will also respect any “do not track” setting you might have set on your web browser.
LINKS TO SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES
Dass Capital uses social networking services such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media networks to communicate with the public about its work, services and share educational content. When you communicate with Dass Capital through these services, that social networking service may collect your personal information for its own purposes.
These services may track your use of Dass Capital’s website on those pages where their links are displayed. If you are logged in to those services (including any Google service) while using Dass Capital’s website, their tracking will be associated with your profile with those service providers.
CONSEQUENCES FOR FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE INFORMATION
Provision of personal information is optional, but failure to disclose such information could prevent us from providing you with our service.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Personal Information we collect may be sent to third countries and processed by us there or in other countries. We will make sure that the recipient country is subject to a law, binding corporate rules or binding agreement which provide an adequate level of protection.
RECIPIENTS OR CATEGORY OF RECIPIENTS OF THE INFORMATION
We may share your information with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who we employ to perform tasks on our behalf. These companies may include website analytics companies, CRM service providers, email service providers and others.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
You have the right to request access to your information, including information about the identity of third parties, or categories of third parties, who have or had access to such information.
You have also the right to require us to correct or delete personal information that is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading or obtained unlawfully, or to delete information that we can no longer retain.
You can also object to the processing of your personal information when process is based on legitimate interest, performance of a public law duty or direct marketing.